Sunday, 18 August 2013

Strange experience

Just a quick, short post:
                                 I had a strange experience today. I went to sleep in the day but slowly my dream started becoming more lucid and reached a point of a deep meditative trance where my whole body began to feel as though it was vibrating with this strange, warm and energizing feeling. I could control the intensity of it, I could choose to go with it, shifting my mind backward where the vibration would get more intense or forward where it would calm down. But I got too curious about the real world and didn't want to leave reality, I sort of got scared. It didn't hurt or anything but I thought it seemed like a dangerous place to be so I left it, woke myself up. I don't regret anything about this strange experience. It's the first time I've had that amount of control over my mind or my conscious experience, very strange, very interesting. 
           I would also like to add I've had experiences like this before, this is not a bran-new experience. I have been interested in meditation, hypnotism, mind altering states for a long time and have had weird sleep paralyses.
          Also though, afterward I  found out there is some kind of facebook event of a global meditation experience. Now I know all too well that it is more than likely a coincidence, but I thought it interesting that at the exact moment of me having that experience people across the world were joining in some sort of unified meditation, it could almost be seen as though I accidentally became linked into some form of mental network that I was unaware of, or I just had an interesting lucid dream experience that happened to coincide with this event (https://www.facebook.com/events/605143732842047/). Still, it adds to the strangeness of it all.



But now, I shall listen to the delights of the great Thelonious Monk, I invite you to also enjoy the delights of the wonderfully played joyful and brilliant Jazz. (I don't know if links are allowed on public blogs, but stuff it, it's happening.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INlPqwl473I

I wish you a great sense of peace.

2 comments:

  1. Lucid dreaming is something I do really want to experience, Although it is a scary idea. Loving the blog though man, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll probably happen one day, you just have realize you are in a dream then you suddenly start to gain awareness. Thanks for the comment man.

      Delete