Saturday, 17 August 2013

The begining

My first Blog:
                    Yesterday I made a decision, and it is probably the most fundamentally needed trend in life, I made that all too well known profound decision to make a change. Change is important, it's what makes the world better, it's what gives us new history, it brings us new discoveries, new lessons to be learned and old ones to be remembered. Change is the place where everything begins.  "So, what was this change that you've decided to take?" you may subliminally be pondering to yourself. Well, I'm changing everything, all of it. I'm changing who I am, my personality so to speak. We all change anyway, it's natural. Think of that 5 years ago self you familiarly remember, would you both agree on the same points and opinions?, enjoy exactly the same music for the exact same reasons? Have new experiences given you a different outlook on life? Have those years given old things new meanings or new things old meanings? Do you value some things more and other things less than you used to? Do you feel as though you have experienced some small certain amount of change in your life that slightly taints tiny aspects of your character? Well yes, of course you have. We all change all the time, but each small change hardly puts the bigger picture out of skew. You still recognize yourself as the person you have always been, right? Well the change I want to take is bigger. My big picture, that big collage of experiences, qualities and personality quirks, interests, tastes, loves and hates that paint a picture of who you are, well it's going to change to a point of unrecognizably. I'm taking everything down from my internal mental cork-board collage, all those colours, shapes, images, iconography that represents my identity, symbols of significant meaning, badges declaring my loyalty to particular allegiances, various cultural tokens I've earned, and all those other things I have managed to gather in my life's experiences and chosen to become a part of my very own self. All those things are all coming down, and in their place a new set of cut-outs, tokens, trinkets, bits and bobs that make up a display of the person I am, at least on the outer edges. Obviously, deep down, my inner-self, my pure self will still be the same, I know that self very well and will never forget him no matter who my outer self is. The outer self, that exterior character that makes up my personality, is that part of me that is also my sense of identity, the self which portrays the image that I want to be seen as, the part that keeps me looking like my residual self image in this matrix of life.
      What I'm changing into is hard to explain, it hasn't been fully created yet. The only new collage pieces I can choose can only be retrieved from my own mind, I don't know what I haven't yet found out about, so it has become this strange paradox of selecting pieces of mental collage that I have already created, but the important factor is that it is a pretty empty mental cork-board that I have on display at the moment, and I am on the search for new bits and bobs. At the moment, my search, or the easy flowing path is leading me toward the works of Jack Kerouac, Hunter S. Thompson, Jazz music, and other reasonably sophisticated cultural material (or perhaps ideological concepts). From this initial draw toward a sort of open minded yet logically intelligent sort of creative quality that maybe leaves me with a slightly quirky impression, I came to the decision that I would very much like to be a writer. That is definitely one of my verifiable chosen changes or collage pieces that will make up new self.
         So, I decided to write a blog. You see, considering I want to be writer, it seemed like a good idea. Writing a blog seems a little bit like an apprenticeship, a training school, a practice ground. basically an internship into the profession of writing. I think it a reasonable starting spot. You have to start somewhere, right? And here it is, this is my first blog. This whole thing has basically been a bit of an introduction, a background and overview of my awesome new hobby and interest. I am now becoming a blogger. I am now beginning to practice my writing skills ready for the future I am creating for myself. I hope this goes fairly well, and even if nothing comes from it, it will be one fine and sophisticated activity to carry out. I will ensure to do well by enjoying the experience and hope to perfect the art with plenty of practice.

Please follow me and read my blogs if you feel there is something there you can relate to or feel some vague interested in my newly acquired blog. Let me know how to improve it and what you like. It will help me become a bit better at it a lot quicker receiving good feeedback. I'm not sure what the custom is for ending blog posts so I'll just wish you all good fun.

1 comment: